CAREER GUIDANCE & PLACEMENT CELL
The Career Guidance Cell of the college has been actively working towards enhancing career opportunities for students. The main activity of the cell includes arranging guest lectures by specialists of different fields and to guide the students. Together with it, the cell organizes campus recruitments also.
A glimpse of lectures conducted by the cell in the last few years
1) Regional seminar on“Career Pathways to Success”
A Regional Seminar ‘Lakshya: Career Pathways to Success’ was organized on 16 February 2018 in the college auditorium. The inaugural ceremony took place in the presence of Col. (Retd.) Nikhil Diwanji of Niks Academy as the chief guest, who also delivered the first talk of the seminar on “Armed Forces”.
The aim of the seminar was to provide expert guidance to the students, both UG and PG, regarding career choices in various sectors and prepare for their personal interview. The seminar covered a broad spectrum of topics.
- Piyush Khare, General Manager, HR, from Batchmasters Software Pvt. Ltd. conducted a session on “Interview Skills: The Gateway to the Job Market”. The career opportunities in government sector were discussed by Prashant Rathore, Area Manager, Pinnacle Institute.
- This was followed by two specialized sessions for IT and Biology students conducted by Mr Sunil Dixit, Director, JetKing, Indore and Dr Virendra Shah from Shah Laboratories who dealt with careers in embryology.
- A career aptitude test of students was conducted by Shilpa Jhawar from Anhad Pravah to help students make right career choices.
Around 225 students from the college and other colleges of Indore participated in the seminar.
- Specialized career guidance sessions
Apart from the five expert talks during the seminar, the career guidance cell also arranged specialized career guidance sessions.
- Mahaveer Sharma, Principal Scientist (Microbiology) delivered a talk on “Emerging avenues in agriculture microbiology” on 30.8.17.
- K. Venkataraman provided guidance for interview preparation by conducting a session on “Facing Corporate Interviews: Dos and Don’ts” on 12.9.17.
- Nipun Jain of Appin Software Lab, Indore, delivered a seminar on “Cyber Security & Ethical Hacking” on 15.3.18.
- A seminar on “Group Discussion Skills: How to Ace A GD…” by Mihir Phanse, Corporate Trainer, was organized by the Microbiology department on 23.03.18. The seminar was followed by a mock GD in which students participated enthusiastically.
- Mohammad Sohel of GoPro institute, Indore, delivered a seminar on “Technology for Awareness” on 27.3.18.
- Nisha Chouhan from iTrainU Technologies, guided the students about how to get jobs in IT sector in Gulf countries on 6 .10.2018.
- On 27.10.2018 Mr. Shukla and Mr. Patidar from Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess gave an informative presentation and lecture on avenues and prospects in aviation industry.
- Under entrepreneurship development program, a lecture –presentation was organized in the Dept. of Biotechnology on 29.10.2018 on “Motor Driving skills”. Mr. Tripathi (auto engineering Head) and Mr. Patidar (advisor in defensive driving and road safety management) made the students aware of the programs. The speakers were from Govt. Driving Institute, ITI, Nandanagar, Indore.
“How to prepare for MPPSC and UPSC exams”, was the topic discussed by Mr. Rajendra Mahajan of Unique Academy, Indore. The lecture was held on 22.01.2019.
- Jose Antony, CEO, NIIT, motivated B.Sc. VI Sem students to join PGDBO program (Post graduate diploma in banking operations), which would recruit them to various posts in ICICI Bank. ICICI bank has a tie up with NIIT for direct recruitment in the bank. The lecture was arranged on 15.02.2019.
- Jayesh Wagh, from Unique Academy, guided the students on “Preparation of UPSC and Civil Services” on 11.11.2019.
- A workshop on “GD – PI” was held by Stalwart Career Institute on 19.10.2019.
- A lecture on “Future of IT” was held by Infobeans Foundation on 28.11.2019. Three members of the institute guided the students through presentations.
- An informative lecture on job opportunities together with questionnaire was organized by NIIT, Indore on 18.01.2020.
- Students of the college participated in the Capgemini, India, open campus drive organized by SVIM on 18.9.17. B.Sc. Computer Science students, Krishna Soni and Mahak Agrawal were shortlisted in this campus drive.
- An interview for post of Microbiologist-QC was organized at IPCA laboratory in which Saroj Pandey, M.Sc. Microbiology student was selected.
- With the collaboration of Chemistry Dept., walk in interview was arranged for B.Sc. final year and M.Sc. students on 26.02.2019. The interview was held for the post of Medical Representative in “Group Pharmaceuticals”. Twenty five students had participated, out of which five have been selected. The selected students were
- Kamal Kishore Maru BSc VI sem
- Parmanand Kumavat BSc VI sem
- Mangal Singh MSc I yr
- Gourav Yadav BSc VI sem
- Prabhat Tiwari MSc I yr
- A Campus Recruitment Drive was held on 13.03.2019 for B.Sc. final year (Biotechnology) students. Twenty eight students participated in the interview session. The recruitment was conducted by Duke Thomson Pvt. Ltd., Indore, which deals with dairy products, diagnostics, food biotechnology, microbiology, pro-biotic, etc. Nine students were shortlisted for the second round of interviews out of which six students were finally selected for the posts of technical executive and marketing executive. The students were
- Tasneem Dahodwala
- Homa Rifat Khan
- Jom John
- Dipanshu Vaishnav
- Kamal Kishore Maru
- Vinay Gupta